D1 Minibus Driver Training in West London, South East, London

The legislation for driving minibuses is some of the most complicated for any vehicle category.

If you passed your car test before 1st January 1997 you will have D1 entitlement on your licence with the code (101) next to it. This means you can drive a minibus but not for hire and reward. If you need to work for hire and reward you would need to undertake minibus training and take a minibus test.
Mini Bus Driver Training in Beaconsfield, Gerrards Cross and Chalfont St Peter


If you passed your car test after 1st January 1997 you can drive a smaller minibus under 3500 kg MAM (maximum authorised mass) under certain conditions (a section 19 permit which some schools and charities can apply for). It would be illegal to drive a minibus in any other EU country in these circumstances.

To drive a larger minibus over 3500 kg you would need to undertake additional minibus training in West London and take a D1 test.

If you are intending to work as a minibus driver and need a vocational licence then you will have to obtain a driver CPC as well as a D1 licence before you can drive professionally.
If you just need the licence as part of your normal occupation, ie. as a school teacher using the minibus in the normal course of the day, you will not need a driver CPC but the process will be as follows:
1.Take a medical using form D4
2.Apply for a provisional licence for D1 category
3.Take and pass a theory test which includes a hazard perception element
4.High quality minibus training in London
5.Take a D1 test

I can manage the whole process for you and provide high quality minibus training in London and the South East to suit your experience.

As an Approved Driving Instructor with nearly 20 years experience in the Driver Training Industry and a Fleet Trainer, I have my own test compatible minibus so you know you won’t have any insurance issues and will have the confidence in knowing you will be getting some of the best minibus training in London.

Since 2010, anyone supervising or assessing a minibus driver must hold that category of licence for 3 years.

Please contact me for a very competitive quote or for more information for minibus training in West London and the South East.